HUSKY BASEBALL is proud to announce a partnership with Bayley Construction (contractor) and SRG Partnership (architecture) to begin construction on Husky Ballpark. Following the completion of the Baseball Team Building in March 2012, the next step of the Husky Ballpark project will be to construct a 2,500 seat stadium located at the existing site surrounding Chaffey Field. The new stadium has been designed to accentuate the natural surroundings, and will create one of the most unique and memorable settings for collegiate baseball in America. The stadium will cost approximately $15 million, and include:
- 2,500 SEATS
- GRASS BERM FOR STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
- VIEW OF LAKE WASHINGTON FROM SUITES AND CONCOURSE AREA
- PREMIUM SEATING AND HOSPITALITY OFFERINGS
- PERMANENT ENTRANCE AND FACADE THAT TIES WITH COLLEGIATE FEEL OF OTHER ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT BUILDINGS
- FULL COMPLIMENT OF PUBLIC RESTROOMS AND CONCESSIONS
- NEW FIELD TURF
- NEW, ENHANCED SCOREBOARD
- HUSKY TEAM SHOP, OFFERING UNIQUE HUSKY BASEBALL APPAREL
- PRESS BOX AND MEDIA AREA
- NEW TEAM HITTING AREA
The UW officially opened the 9,000 square foot Wayne Gittinger Team Building in March 2012. Highlights of the building include coaches offices, a large team locker room, a baseball-specific academic learning center and a players lounge.
|TEAM BUILDING (FUNDED)||$4M|
|TOTAL PROJECT COST||$19M|
STADIUM COST BREAKDOWN: $15 MILLION
- $5 million generated through major gift revenue
- $10 million borrowed
- The funding model includes no public, state or university contributions.
- Under the renovation's funding model, Intercollegiate Athletics will be responsible for providing 100% of the funding for the project.