Read All About It: UW Softball Season Ends In OKC
As you're probably aware if you're reading this, Washington's 2010 softball season ended yesterday here in Oklahoma City, in a 4-3 loss to Arizona at the Women's College World Series.
Let's have a look at some of the coverage of the game:
• First, check out the recap at gohuskies.com, which also includes a box score, quotes from both teams and a photo gallery.
• Jerry Brewer, who traveled from Seattle to cover for the Times, filed this story, focusing on both Coach Heather Tarr and Danielle Lawrie.
• John Boyle of the Everett Herald groups Lawrie in with a couple other Seattle sports icons, whose careers ended recently: Ken Griffey Jr. and Walter Jones.
• Here's the Associated Press coverage of the game.
• The Norman Transcript's Jeff Johncox writes about the class with which Tarr and Lawrie conducted themselves postgame.
• Finally, a story from KUOW/National Public Radio on Lawrie's post-college softball career options.
The Huskies' flight back to Seattle is due to land at about 9:30 p.m. and they should be back to campus around 10:00 or 10:15 tonight. The bus will pull up near the left-field corner of Husky Softball Stadium, near the Dempsey Indoor on the road that runs beyond the outfield fence.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/5963
MOST RECENT POSTS