SEATTLE – The No. 10 Huskies are set to take on the Stanford Cardinal in a three-game Pac-12 series that will include two games broadcast nationally on ESPNU and ESPN2.
With a bye weekend following their 11-0 defeat of the Seattle U Redhawks on April 1, it has been just over a week since the Huskies last played.
The Huskies (22-10) will open the series against the Cardinal (24-14) in Stanford on Thursday at 8:00 p.m. on ESPNU. The series will continue Friday at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday at 7:00 p.m. on ESPN2.
Beth Mowins and Jessica Mendoza will have the call for each broadcast on the ESPN networks.
The Huskies lead the all-time series vs. Stanford, 41-27, including taking two of three games from the Cardinal last year in Seattle.
· Bryana Walker (9th overall, Pennsylvania Rebellion), Kaitlin Inglesby (14th overall, Akron Racers), and Victoria Hayward (19th overall, Pennsylvania Rebellion) were selected in the 2014 NPF Draft on March 31. The Huskies three selections in the 2014 Draft are the most of any school this year.
· Victoria Hayward has hit safely in 14 of her past 17 games, dating back to Mar. 1 and leads the team with a .417 average during that stretch.
· After helping the Washington women’s basketball team to an Elite Eight appearance in the WNIT, Mercedes Wetmore will join the softball team for the rest of the season, beginning this weekend in Stanford. Wetmore, the starting point guard for the Huskies, appeared in seven games with the softball team in 2013.
· The Huskies will return home to Husky Softball Stadium on Thursday, April 17 to host the Arizona State Sun Devils in a three-game Pac-12 series. Find more information on tickets here.
· New this year to Husky Softball is the Team of the Game promotion. Youth softball team with players currently in 8th grade and under, plus two coaches, will receive free General Admission tickets, be on the field with the Huskies for the national anthem, and receive an autographed team poster, as well as a group welcome during the game. Family and friends can also purchase General Admission tickets at a discounted rate of $3. Space is limited. To sign up, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
· All season long, take advantage of the Huskies new ticket redemption promotion. Exchange a used ticket from a previous 2014 Husky softball home game for a $3 general admission ticket to a future 2014 regular season Husky softball home game, based on ticket availability.