SEATTLE – The ninth-ranked Washington Huskies will travel to Seattle U’s Logan Field tonight for their first road game against the Redhawks in program history.
The Huskies (21-10) lead the all-time series vs. the Redhawks (11-23), 9-0, with the Huskies taking last year’s matchup by a final of 8-0 on Mar. 10, 2013. The Huskies were scheduled to play at Logan Field last season, but the game was rained out. The two teams have only previously met at Husky Softball Stadium or at neutral sites.
Huskies senior pitcher Kaitlin Inglesby has turned in two outstanding performances in the circle against the Redhawks. Inglesby posted double-digit strikeout performances in back-to-back games in 2012, striking out 10 on March 10 and 11 on March 11. Inglesby’s only other double-digit strikeout game in her career came this season vs. Wisconsin, as she posted a career-high 12 strikeouts on Feb. 7.
Fans can purchase tickets for tonight’s game at Logan Field (901 12th Ave) at the gate. General admission is $5 for adults and $3 for juniors (ages 3 – 17) and seniors (62+). Cash is preferred. Fans can bring chairs into Logan Field.
Tonight’s game will be broadcast live on GoHuskies.com, with Mike Brown on the call. Live stats will be available at GoHuskies.com (links below).
· Victoria Hayward has hit safely in 13 of her past 16 games, dating back to Mar. 1 and leads the team with a .386 average during that stretch.
· Kelli Suguro matched a career-high with three hits Sunday at Oregon. Suguro went 3-for-3, with two runs scored to match her career-high in hits, set April 6, 2013 vs. Oregon State. Suguro has hit safely in 5 of her past 8 games, since Mar. 14, batting .412 during that stretch.
· The Huskies will return home to Husky Softball Stadium on Thursday, April 17 to host the Arizona State Sun Devils in a three-game Pac-12 series. Find more information on tickets here.
· New this year to Husky Softball is the Team of the Game promotion. Youth softball team with players currently in 8th grade and under, plus two coaches, will receive free General Admission tickets, be on the field with the Huskies for the national anthem, and receive an autographed team poster, as well as a group welcome during the game. Family and friends can also purchase General Admission tickets at a discounted rate of $3. Space is limited. To sign up, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
· All season long, take advantage of the Huskies new ticket redemption promotion. Exchange a used ticket from a previous 2014 Husky softball home game for a $3 general admission ticket to a future 2014 regular season Husky softball home game, based on ticket availability.