• Played in 12 events as a walk-on freshman and led the team with 36 rounds played.
• Shot 1-under 215 to finish at 8th at the NCAA Regional and become the fourth Husky to qualify as an individual for the NCAA Championship.
• Is the first Huskies' recruit from China. Was guided to the team by advice from former UW men's golf walk-on Yifan Liu.
• Equaled a career-best with an 8th place finish in the NCAA Central Regional to become the fourth Husky to advance to the Championship as an individual.
• Tied for 50th out of 126 competitors at the NCAA Championship after shooting 72-74-77-78=301 to end up +13.
• Birdied the final three holes, four of the last five, to shoot a career-best 68 in the final round of the NCAA Central Region and grab the final of two spots for individual competitors.
• Career low total of 1-under 215 at NCAA Central Regional.
• Stroke average of 74.56 is 10th best in UW single-season history, the third lowest ever by a UW freshman.
• Recorded two top-10's and has finished in the top-20 five times.
• Earned a 4.0 grade point average in her first two quarters of school. Plans on majoring in marketing and is interested in running golf tournaments after graduation.
Junior Golf and Personal
• Won the China Amateur Tour Beijing in April, 2012 after shooting 213
• Also finished third at the event in 2011
• Took home third at the Mexican Amateur in Jan. 2011
• Finished 10th at the Scott Robertson Memorial in Roanoke, Va. in May of 2011
• 11th at the Dixie Amateur in Coral Springs, Fla. and tied for 12th at the Women's South Atlantic Amateur Championship, also known as the SALLY in 2011
• Competed at the 2010 World Amateur Team Championship and tied for 13th individually.
• Excellent student that intends on majoring in marketing.
Ying Luo's CAREER STATISTICS
Career Best Finish: T8th (2x), Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational, Oct. 8-10, 2012& NCAA Regionals, May 9-11, 2013