2015 HOME MEET INFORMATION (Click)
The University of Washington is proud to present another exciting slate of fast and furious indoor track and field action at Dempsey Indoor. More information (including tentative time schedules and meet information) will follow this summer. Coaches and interested athletes are welcome to contact Meet Director Jess Riden (email@example.com) with any specific questions regarding the 2015 indoor season.
2015 Indoor Schedule
January 17 – UW Preview
January 30-31 – UW Invitational
February 7 – UW High School Invitational - Meet Flyer - Complete Meet Information
February 13-14 – Husky Classic
February 15 – UW Open
Entering Indoor Competitions at the University of Washington
* All collegiate indoor meets at the University of Washington are open to ALL Division I athletes and teams. Other teams and individuals will only be accepted by special request to Meet Director Jess Riden (firstname.lastname@example.org), provided that they meet entry standards. Entry marks for ALL COMPETITIONS must be TFRRS marks from the 2013-15 seasons or verification of the mark must be provided during the entry process. Speculative marks may be submitted, but MUST be emailed to the Meet Director for approval prior to the entry deadline. More specific meet information, tentative time schedules, and entry standards will be posted at www.GoHuskies.com in October.
Field Selection ** NEW POLICY FOR 2015 **
* Due to the high volume of interest in our indoor schedule, we will be invoking strict “field size” restrictions (for ALL DIVISIONS) for each competition. Each meet info packet will include an anticipated field size (for each event), as well as a suggested entry standard. Because of this we anticipate accepting approximately 150 ENTRIES LESS (per meet) than previous years! We will accept all athletes (regardless of division) who have achieved the suggested standard in their respective event. If necessary, we will fill each field with the remaining entries (please note – priority will be given to DIVISION I ATHLETES). We WILL NOT accept ALL DIVISION I ATHLETES, as had been our previous policy.
Dual Meet v. Invitational Scoring
* ALL 2015 UW INDOOR COMPETITIONS WILL BE SCORED USING INVITATIONAL SCORING STANDARDS (10-8-6-4-3-2-1). If you would prefer to be included in DUAL MEET SCORING (5-3-1; 5-0) to satisfy NCAA competition requirements, please contact Jess Riden (email@example.com) NO LATER than the Wednesday prior to competition. Teams who have requested to participate in dual meet scoring will be listed in the “Last Minute Notes” email prior to each competition. ALL SCORING will be released on www.GoHuskies.com no later than the Tuesday following each competition. (NOTE – The UW High School Invitational, and UW Open Meet will be NON-SCORING.)
Intent to Compete Form
In order to get a better gauge on our field sizes, for the upcoming season and stay in communication with competing teams, we are asking that all interested programs fill out an “Intent to Compete” form to declare your competition interest. Coaches can access the Intent to Compete form by clicking HERE.
High School Athletes
High School athletes are welcome to enter the UW Indoor Preview, and the UW Invitational – provided that they have achieved the entry standard – as well as the UW Open Meet. High School athletes ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER the Husky Classic. High School athletes are encouraged to participate in the UW High School Invitational on February 7. PLEASE NOTE – ALL HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES SHOULD BE AWARE OF THEIR RESPECTIVE STATE’S RULES FOR INDOOR/UNATTACHED COMPETITION. UW IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS THAT MAY OCCUR.
UW Indoor Preview
January 17, 2015
*The UW Indoor Preview will start at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude at approximately 6:00 p.m. Because of limits on field sizes, we CANNOT guarantee that an entry will be accepted into the meet. Entry fees for athletes not accepted into the meet will NOT be refunded.
January 30-31, 2015
* The UW Invitational will start at 9:00 a.m., and will conclude at approximately 6:00 p.m. The minimum entry standards for the UW Invitational will be stronger than the UW Indoor Preview. This is a two-day event that will include a 2-day multi-event competition. The field sizes for the multi-events will be strictly controlled. Coaches interested in entering a multi-event athlete should enter on Direct Athletics. Multi-event field size may be limited depending on interest/number of entries. All sections of the DMRs, 5ks, 200s, Weight Throws, as well as B sections of the pole vault will be contested on Friday evening. Because of limits on field sizes, we CANNOT guarantee that an entry will be accepted into the meet. Entry fees for athletes not accepted into the meet will NOT be refunded.
UW High School Invitational
* The Washington HS Invitational will be open to high school (9th through 12th grade) individuals ONLY. Proof of age/grade may be required upon entry. We will run events at high school specifications (IE – 39-inch boys’ hurdles, 12 lb in boys’ SP, 25 lb in the boys’ weight). Athletes must PROVIDE THEIR OWN IMPLEMENTS in the throwing events. Though we will not be applying entry standards, UW does RESERVE THE RIGHT to LIMIT FIELD SIZES depending on entries. Entry fees for athletes not accepted into the meet will NOT be refunded.
February 13-14, 2015
* The Husky Classic is one of the most highly competitive and heavily attended competitions of the entire collegiate indoor season. Please be mindful of this when entering athletes. All sections of the DMRs, 5ks, 200s, Weight Throws, as well as B sections of the pole vault will be contested on Friday evening. Saturday’s event will feature highly competitive fields starting at 9:00 a.m., ending approximately at 6:00 p.m. The “Invitational” portion of events will be featured from 3:00-6:00 p.m. The field sizes will be limited in order to provide the most competitive opportunities for the athletes. We will restrict entries in order to stay close to these field sizes. NO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES will be accepted.
UW Open Meet
February 15, 2015
*The UW Open meet is open to ALL ATHLETES AND TEAMS wishing to compete. This is a one-day event beginning at 9:00 a.m. and concludes at approximately at 4:00 p.m. All events will be governed under USATF SENIOR RULES (42-inch men’s hurdles and implement weights/16 lb in the SP, 35 lb in the WT) – the will be NO exceptions. Because of limits on field sizes, we CANNOT guarantee that an entry will be accepted into the meet. Entry fees for athletes not accepted into the meet will NOT be refunded. Athletes who are not accepted into the meet will be placed on a waitlist and entered into the meet as space becomes available. Lists including “Accepted” and “Wait Listed” athletes will be posted during the week prior to competition.