SEATTLE – The No. 11 Huskies (25-12) will travel to Corvallis, Ore. for a three-game Pac-12 series against the Oregon State Beavers (13-26) beginning Friday.
The first game of the series will be Friday at 4:00 p.m., followed by game two Saturday at 1:00 p.m. The series wraps up Sunday at 12:00 p.m.
The Huskies lead the all-time series vs. Oregon, 52-18, including sweeping last year’s series in Seattle.
Last weekend, the Huskies split two games with Arizona State on Friday before having the series finale rained out Saturday.
Ann Schatz and Amanda Freed will have the call of Friday and Sunday’s games on the Pac-12 Networks.
· Hooch Fagaly powered the Huskies to a 3-2, 10-inning win over ASU on Friday, hitting a walk-off home run on the first pitch she saw leading off the bottom of the 10th inning. Fagaly has hit safely in 11 of her last 14 games, including six multi-hit games, and leads the team with a .459 average during that stretch.
· Bryana Walker (9th overall, Pennsylvania Rebellion), Kaitlin Inglesby (14th overall, Akron Racers), and Victoria Hayward (19th overall, Pennsylvania Rebellion) were selected in the 2014 NPF Draft on March 31. The Huskies three selections in the 2014 Draft are the most of any school this year.
· Danielle Lawrie will become the first player in the history of Washington Softball to have her jersey retired when the Huskies host Arizona on Saturday, May 3 at 7:00 p.m. Lawrie will be honored in a pre-game ceremony. For more information on tickets, visit GoHuskies.com.
· New this year to Husky Softball is the Team of the Game promotion. Youth softball team with players currently in 8th grade and under, plus two coaches, will receive free General Admission tickets, be on the field with the Huskies for the national anthem, and receive an autographed team poster, as well as a group welcome during the game. Family and friends can also purchase General Admission tickets at a discounted rate of $3. Space is limited. To sign up, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
· All season long, take advantage of the Huskies new ticket redemption promotion. Exchange a used ticket from a previous 2014 Husky softball home game for a $3 general admission ticket to a future 2014 regular season Husky softball home game, based on ticket availability.