SEATTLE – The No. 5 Huskies will travel south to take on rival Oregon in a three-game series beginning Friday for the Huskies first Pac-12 road series of the season.
For the Huskies (21-7, 2-3), it will be their second consecutive week playing the second-ranked team in the nation, as the Ducks (27-4, 3-0) moved up one spot this week from No. 3.
Last weekend against then-No. 2 UCLA, the Huskies defeated the Bruins, 10-2, in five innings in game two Sunday, but the Huskies dropped the other two games of the series.
The Huskies will look to get back on track in conference play against a team that they have had great success playing throughout the years.
The Huskies lead the all-time series vs. Oregon, 50-19, including taking nine out of the last 14 matchups between the two teams, dating back to 2009.
The Huskies will not play at Husky Softball Stadium for three weeks, but your next chance to see the Huskies in action in Seattle is Tuesday, April 1 when the Huskies take on crosstown rival, Seattle U at 6:00 p.m.
· With their win over No. 2 UCLA on Mar. 23, the Huskies earned their fifth win this year over a team ranked in the top 25 nationally at the time, to go along with victories against Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan.
· The Huskies entered the weekend 5th nationally in batting (.340) and 6th in ERA (1.26).
· The Huskies will return home to Husky Softball Stadium on Thursday, April 17 to host the Arizona State Sun Devils in a three-game Pac-12 series. Find more information on tickets here.
· New this year to Husky Softball is the Team of the Game promotion. Youth softball team with players currently in 8th grade and under, plus two coaches, will receive free General Admission tickets, be on the field with the Huskies for the national anthem, and receive an autographed team poster, as well as a group welcome during the game. Family and friends can also purchase General Admission tickets at a discounted rate of $3. Space is limited. To sign up, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
· All season long, take advantage of the Huskies new ticket redemption promotion. Exchange a used ticket from a previous 2014 Husky softball home game for a $3 general admission ticket to a future 2014 regular season Husky softball home game, based on ticket availability.