The Huskies head to Oregon to take on the Ducks at 6 p.m. on ESPN2
The Huskies (14-12, 6-7) take their final road trip of the regular season as they head to Oregon on Wednesday, Feb. 19 to face the Ducks at 6 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPN2 with Dave Pasch and Bill Walton on the call. Additionally, for the Washington IMG Radio Network, fans can tune in starting at 5:30 p.m. to hear Bob Rondeau and Jason Hamilton. The Dawgs won the first meeting between the two schools in Seattle, 87-81 (Jan.25). The last five meetings between the two teams have been decided by 10 points or less.
Head Coach Lorenzo Romar, in his 12th year at Washington, has amassed a 251-140 (.642) during his time in Seattle and an overall mark of 343-227 (.601) in 18 seasons. Romar has taken the Huskies to the NCAA tournament six times including three Sweet 16 appearances.
• Senior C.J. Wilcox is fourth-place all-time in scoring with 1,782 career points passing Bob Houbregs (1,774) - he’s just four points away from third-place (Quincy Pondexter, 1,786)
• Freshman Nigel Williams-Goss set the freshman single-game scoring record for UW (since freshman were eligible in 1972-73) with his 32 points against Oregon State (Jan. 25)
• The Huskies, playing five of their final seven league games at home, are 12-3 at Alaska Airlines Arena on the season and have won seven of the last eight.
• Freshman Nigel Williams-Goss is averaging 17.5 points and shooting 48.1 percent from the 3, and 46.8 percent from the field over the last six games
• In his first start since Jan. 26, 2013, junior Desmond Simmons tied his career-high with 14 points on a career-best 7-of-8 shooting from the field at Utah... in his four starts this season, he’s shooting 54.5 from the field and averaging 8.0 points and 5.5 rebounds.
• The Huskies have had a short bench as three of their starters are averaging over 30 minutes per game led by C.J. Wilcox (35.7 mpg) ... in league action, Wilcox has played in 462 of a possible 520 minutes during Pac-12 play (88.8 percent) including all 40 minutes against Stanford, while Nigel Williams-Goss is right behind him at 453 minutes (87.1 percent).
• Freshman Nigel Williams-Goss currently leads all Pac-12 freshmen averaging 13.3 points per game and is first in assists (3.9) and third in steals (1.0) ... he’s also fifth in rebounding (4.3) and FG percentage (45.9)
• Senior C.J. Wilcox is one of three players all-time in the Pac-12 to post 1,700 points, 275 made 3FGs and 400 career rebounds (Jason Kapono, UCLA, 2000-03; Jason Gardner, Arizona, 2000-03).
• The Huskies are 11-0 this season when leading with five minutes remaining
• The Huskies guards are producing 68.3 percent of UW’s scoring and are one of two teams in the league with their top three scorers all being guards
• The Huskies have taken care of the ball this season and have turned it over 10 or less times in 12 of their 26 games, including a season low six turnovers against Stanford - their fewest since six against California on Jan. 9, 2013