The Huskies continue their three-game road swing with a trip to Utah on Feb. 6
The Huskies (13-9, 5-4) continue their three-game road swing as they head to Salt Lake City to take on Utah (14-7, 3-5) on Thursday, Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. PT. The game will be televised by the Pac-12 Networks with J.B. Long and Matt Muehlebach on the call. Additionally, for the Washington IMG Radio Network, fans can tune in starting at 5:30 p.m. to hear Bob Rondeau and Jason Hamilton. The Dawgs won the first meeting between the two squads this season with a 59-57 victory in Seattle (Jan. 8). This will be just the second trip to Utah for the Huskies since the conference expanded to 12 teams. The Dawgs won in Salt Lake 57-53 on Jan. 7, 2012.
Head Coach Lorenzo Romar, in his 12th year at Washington, has amassed a 250-137 (.646) during his time in Seattle and an overall mark of 342-225 (.603) in 18 seasons. Romar has taken the Huskies to the NCAA tournament six times including three Sweet 16 appearances.
• Senior C.J. Wilcox moved into sixth-place all-time in scoring after scoring 24 points at WSU and passed Isaiah Thomas (1,721) .... he now has 1,729 points, 14 points away from tying for fifth (1,743)
• After starting the season 6-5, the Dawgs have since gone 7-4 including wins over #15 Colorado, Oregon and Utah ... the Huskies were without Desmond Simmons during 10 of those first 11 games
• Over the last three outings, three Huskies are shooting over 50 percent from the field - C.J. Wilcox (61.5; 20.3 ppg), Nigel Williams-Goss (53.3; 16.7 ppg) and Perris Blackwell (51.7; 12.7 ppg).
• Freshman Nigel Williams-Goss set the freshman single-game scoring record for UW (since freshman were eligible in 1972-73) with his 32 points against Oregon State (Jan. 25)
• Freshman Nigel Williams-Goss currently leads all Pac-12 freshmen averaging 12.9 points per game and is first in assists (4.1) and steals (1.2)
• Senior C.J. Wilcox is one of three players all-time in the Pac-12 to post 1,700 points, 275 made 3FGs and 400 career rebounds (Jason Kapono, UCLA, 2000-03; Jason Gardner, Arizona, 2000-03).
• Wilcox is the only player in Pac-12 play shooting 50 percent or better (51.6) with at least 100 FG attempts
• The Huskies are 11-0 this season when leading with five minutes remaining
• With a win against the Beavers, head coach Lorenzo Romar picked up his 250th win at UW ... additionally the Huskies all-time win mark (1,697) keeps inching closer to 1,700.
• The Huskies guards are producing 69.2 percent of UW’s scoring and are one of two teams in the league with their top three scorers all being guards
• The Huskies have taken care of the ball this season and have turned it over 10 or less times in 11 of their 22 games, including a season low six turnovers against Stanford - their fewest since six against California on Jan. 9, 2013
• Sophomore Andrew Andrews posted his 500th point against Oregon State, accomplishing the feat in just 52 career games - it took C.J. Wilcox just 49 games to notch 500 points.
• The Huskies have held six of their last 10 opponents without a FG for a span of at least five minutes (Oregon-6:15 in 1st; Colorado-5:38 in 2nd; Utah-7:14 in 1st; Arizona- 5:34 in 1st; ASU-9:14 between 1st and 2nd half; Hartford- 8:27 in 1st).
• Senior C.J. Wilcox is one of just two players (Isaiah Thomas) in UW history to record 1,600 career points and 150 3-pointers and is the only player with 1,600 points and 250 made 3’s
UW vs. WSU Notes (Feb. 1)
-Starting Lineup: Nigel Williams-Goss, Andrew Andrews, C.J. Wilcox, Mike Anderson, Perris Blackwell
-The Huskies had two players reach double-figure rebounding (Blackwell and Anderson, 10 each) for the first time since Dec. 27 vs. Mississippi Valley State (Blackwell and Wilcox)
-The Huskies outshot their opponent from the field for the third-straight game.
- The Huskies outscored their second-straight opponent in the paint with a 32-28 edge over WSU
-UW had four players score in double figures for the second-straight game
- Senior C.J. Wilcox posted his 32nd career 20+ scoring effort with a game-high 24 points on 9-of-14 shooting from the field, including a 4-of-8 mark from 3
-Senior Perris Blackwell recorded his fifth double-double of the season with 13 points and 10 rebounds on 50 percent shooting from the field
-Freshman Nigel Williams-Goss posted his second-straight double-digit scoring effort with 11 points
-Junior Mike Anderson registered his third double-figure rebounding game of the year with 10 boards