UW Huskies (11-7, 3-2) at Stanford (11-5, 2-2)
The Huskies continue their California swing on Saturday at Stanford, 8 p.m. / ESPNU.
The Huskies wrap up their California road trip on Saturday, Jan. 18 as they face Stanford (11-5, 2-2) at 8 p.m. in Maples Pavilion. The game will be televised nationally on ESPNU with Beth Mowins and Jon Crispin on the call. For the Washington IMG Sports Radio Network, fans can tune in and hear Bob Rondeau and Jason Hamilton starting at 7:30 p.m.
Head Coach Lorenzo Romar, in his 12th year at Washington, has amassed a 248-135 (.648) during his time in Seattle and an overall mark of 341-223 (.605) in 18 seasons. Romar has taken the Huskies to the NCAA tournament six times including three Sweet 16 appearances.
• C.J. Wilcox has more 3-pointers (19) in Pac-12 play than all five of the Huskies’ have made combined (13).
• The Huskies are one of four league teams to play four of their first six conference games on the road (WSU, Oregon, California)
• All three of the Huskies top three scorers are guards ... making them one of just two teams (WSU) in the conference with their top three scoring leaders playing the guard position
• After allowing opponents to average 79.2 ppg during the non-conference slate, the Huskies have since limited their five Pac-12 foes to just 64.8 points per game.
• The Dawgs picked up their first win over a ranked opponent since 2011 with their victory over #15 Colorado ... the last time UW beat a ranked team was in the 2011 Pac-10 Tournament as Isaiah Thomas hit a bucket at the buzzer to defeat #16 Arizona (March 12)
• The Huskies have held five of their last six opponents without a FG for a span of at least five minutes (Colorado-5:38 in 2nd; Utah-7:14 in 1st; Arizona- 5:34 in 1st; ASU-9:14 between 1st and 2nd half; Hartford- 8:27 in 1st).
• Against Utah, the Huskies held the nation’s top field goal percentage team (53.2) to just 41.5 percent shooting from the field while also holding them to 57 points, which was 28.5 points lower than their season average
• The Huskies will wear ‘MH’ patches on their jersey’s for the remainder of the season to honor the late Marv Harshman who totaled a 246-146 record during his time at UW and coached Lorenzo Romar, who most recently passed his mentor’s win total with his 247th win.
• The Huskies’ FT percentage of 76.2 is their best under head coach Lorenzo Romar through 18 games and ranked eighth in the NCAA (as of Jan. 17)... the Huskies have shot under 75 percent from the line just seven times this season
• Sophomore Andrew Andrews is averaging 13.3 points over the last five outings and has led the team in scoring in two of those six games.
• Senior C.J. Wilcox is one of just two players (Isaiah Thomas) in UW history to record 1,600 career points and 150 3-pointers and is the only player with 1,600 points and 250 made 3’s