Welcome to UW Athletics Compliance!
The University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to the principle of institutional control in operation of its Athletics programs, consistent with the letter and spirit of NCAA, Pac-12 and the University of Washington rules and regulations.
This commitment and obligation to operate the intercollegiate athletics program in adherence to the principle of institutional control is both institutional and individual. The University of Washington demonstrates that commitment through responsible leadership of administrators, faculty, and institutional bodies; educating coaches, staff members, student-athletes and other outside entities on NCAA, Pac-12 and University regulations; and developing operating systems within the Athletics Department which enable a culture of compliance to proactively discover, investigate and report any violations of rules that occur.
The concept of institutional control also extends to our Husky Family.
As the best donors, alumni and fans in the Pac-12 and nation, we hold each other to the highest standard of sportsmanship, ethical conduct, and behavior. "Who We Are Is Why We Win" is more than a mantra, but the Husky Way. The NCAA, Pac-12 and University rules can be complicated and nuanced, therefore we ask for your due diligence in asking for assistance prior to engaging with any current or prospective student-athlete.
The Athletics Compliance Office serves as the central hub of services for our prospective and current Husky student-athletes. By coordinating institutional services such as housing, meals, financial aid and admissions, the Athletics Compliance Office functions as a resource for information.
We are always more than happy to provide anyone assistance regarding NCAA, Pac-12 or UW policies and regulations.
The Athletics Compliance Office seeks to carry out the following essential functions in a manner that promotes a positive compliance atmosphere and demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior:
- To educate coaches, student-athletes, staff, supporters, and propsective student-athletes regarding NCAA, Pac-12, and UW rules and expectations.
- To serve coaches, student-athletes, staff, supporters, and prospective student-athletes by providing accurate and timely interpretations of rules, and assisting them in their compliance efforts.
- To monitor the activities of the Athletics Department and the University in a variety of critical areas, including but not limited to: recruiting, eligibility certification, financial aid, amateurism, benefits, playing and practice, and season limitations, and to verify compliance with all applicable rules.
- To provide the highest level of service and coordinate various institutional programs for the benefit of current and prospective student-athletes.
- To investigate and report violations of NCAA, Pac-12, and UW rules.
We encourage anyone with a compliance-related question or concern to contact one of the compliance staff members listed on the Contact Compliance page.
Follow us on Twitter!