Who is Harry the Husky?
HARRY THE HUSKY is the official mascot of the University of Washington, appearing at the majority of Husky Athletics events and numerous community events throughout the school year and summer.
Harry's popularity on campus and throughout the Husky Nation is unmistakable, and since his debut in 1995, he has clearly found a place in the hearts of all Husky fans, young and old alike.
When representing the Husky spirit, whether on the road or at any number of Husky home games, Harry plays a key role in helping to build the fervor of the purple and gold faithful to a fever pitch, while always doing it in a spirited, yet classy, manner.
Although known for being a bit of a mischievous prankster, above all, Harry is well versed in the long-standing traditions of Husky Athletics and strives to leave lasting memories with current fans as well as building new traditions with the next generation of Huskies.
The University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics Department is looking for high-spirited, imaginative, charismatic, athletic individuals who are interested in adding to the high energy level at Husky Athletics events by performing as the official mascot of the University of Washington, HARRY THE HUSKY.
All candidates should possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Must be a University of Washington student.
- Must be capable of performing athletic activities, skits and stunts in a stadium and arena atmosphere.
- Must demonstrate a level of imagination and creativity conducive to collegiate sports.
- Must be at ease with interacting with fans of all ages, especially with children.
- Must be able to improvise and animate in costume without using speech.
- Must be readily available to perform at Husky games and attend community appearances throughout the calendar year.
Benefits of serving as Harry the Husky include the following:
- An annual book scholarship.
- Official Husky apparel and merchandise.
- Access to the Husky Athletics Varsity Weight Room.
- Appearance fee compensation on selected appearances.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email your resume before April 19, 2013 to:
- Ryan Madayag
Director of Marketing & Game Day Experience, University of Washington Athletics