Reservation and Use Policies
NTC courts can be reserved by current UW Students, UW Staff and Faculty, NTC Affiliates & UW Lifetime Alumni. The availability of reservation times is dependent upon the event schedule including UW team matches and practices. To find out how to become a UW Lifetime Alumni, please visit the UW Alumni Association website. We no longer accept NTC Affiliates at this time; please email email@example.com or call 206.543.8185 to be put in the waitlist.
- Current registered matriculated UW students (Seattle Campus), UW Staff (Seattle Campus, Non Temporary) & UW Faculty (Seattle Campus), may reserve courts up to six days in advance. NTC affiliates may reserve four days in advance. UW Lifetime alumni and retired staff/faculty (with ID card) may reserve a court three days in advance. ALL PLAYERS PRESENT FOR THE COURT WHO ARE UW AFFILIATED WILL BE ASKED TO PRESENT CURRENT AND VALID ID. NON AFFILITATED INDIVIDUALS WILL HAVE TO PAY A GUEST FEE.
- Courts may be reserved in person or by calling 206-543-8185. The reservation phone line is available starting at 8:15am.
- Students, Staff, Faculty, NTC Affiliates and Lifetime Alumni may make a second reservation 2 days in advance.
- The UW affiliated person making the reservation MUST be present for use of the court.
- IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF AFFILIATED USERS: A non-affiliated immediate family member of an affiliated person can play at no extra cost with the affiliated family member. A non-affiliated family member cannot reserve the court under the affiliated person's name and use the court unless the affiliated family member is present. Non-affiliated family members pay as a guest when playing with unrelated affiliated players.
- Anyone can be a donor and gain access to NTC by donating a minimum of $10,000/year to the Men's and Women's programs.
- The Nordstrom Tennis Center reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time.
- Only Nordstrom Tennis Center Instructors may teach at the Center.
Individuals that cancel their reservation prior to 24 hours in advance will not be charged for the court rental. If cancellation is under 24 hours in advance, the individual who reserved the court will be charged the cost of the court if it goes unused. All users must pay all charges before their next scheduled play time if they have any late cancelations and/or no shows.
Getting Ready for Your Court Time
- Please come in and sign in at the front desk. If the NTC is not open when it is supposed to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Present your affiliated ID:
- UW Student, Staff, Faculty - Purple Husky Card
- Lifetime Alumni - Lifetime Alumni Card with a photo ID
- NTC Affiliates - Government issue ID to search for your name
- Forgotten/Lost ID Policy: TWO occurrences of forgetting or not showing proper ID are allowed during an academic quarter. Upon a 3rd occurrence, name must be verified in the UW on-line directory/UW Lifetime Alumni listing and the "Forgot/Don't have ID" form must be completed. After 2 occurrences, a court may not be reserved for the remainder of the quarter. Also, player will pay the $10 guest fee for each subsequent occurrence or forgetting ID beyond two times.
- Everyone is required to pay in full before going onto the courts. One payment for the group is encouraged. Individual payments take longer to process especially when there are other people waiting.
- Absolutely NO black or blue marking shoes allowed - TENNIS SHOES ONLY. Non tennis footwear can cause damage to the court and increase risk of injury.
- No more than 6 balls on a court at a time (unless with an approved instructor). No hoppers please.
- Only University of Washington tennis instructors may provide tennis instruction on the UW Nordstrom Tennis Center courts.
- No food or gum or spitting on the court.
- No beverages in unsealed containers on the court.
- Tennis racquets must not be thrown, struck against the net, court surface or backdrops.
- Shirts must be worn.
- Loud conversations and obscene language will not be allowed on the court at any time.
- Practice walls are not to be used if other players are in the facility.
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised in the mezzanine area.
- Children must be seated quietly on the benches or playing tennis while on the court.
- No music is allowed on courts for play, lessons or USTA/Cup team practices. Only the UW teams are permitted to have music during their practices/matches.
- When entering/leaving courts, respect any matches/games that are in progress and enter/leave the courts when a game has ended or there is a suitable break in play.
- Do not retrieve your ball from the other court and give others back their ball when it is hit to your court during play.
- Please switch mobile phones to silent.
- If you would like to extend your court time please pay first before doing so.
- Please ensure all your garbage is picked up when you have completed your court time and take all your belongings with you. And please recycle!
- HAVE FUN AND GOOOOO HUSKIES!
Failure to comply with these rules and policies will result in removal from the facility and possible limits on future reservations privileges.