Nov. 29, 2009
Husky Classic XXIII
- Memphis guard Brittany Carter notched the Husky Classic record for most points in both games with 67. Carter scored 49 points in the tournament's opening game, which broke ex-Husky Megan Franza's previous record of 35, which was set against Idaho in 1999. The 49 points tied men's basketball legend Bob Houbregs for most in Edmundson Pavilion history. The dual game scoring record was held by Cindy Blodgett of Maine, which was she recorded in 1995.
- Each team in the tournament finished 1-1.
- The Husky Classic All-Tournament Team: Carter (Memphis), Sami Whitcomb (Wash.), Charday Hunt (Sac. State), Regina Rogers (Wash.) and Brianne Ryan (E. Washington).
- Washington's Sara Mosiman hit her first career 3-pointer in the Huskies loss to Sacramento State.
- Sami Whitcomb is now alone in fourth place in career 3-pointers for Washington after a trey in the first half. Whitcomb has 137 career 3's, behind Loree Payne, Franza, Jamie Redd and Giuliana Mendiola.
- The 71 points scored by Washington was a season high. The previous mark was 67, set against BYU in the home opener at Bank of America.
- Kristi Kingma also set a season-high with 12 points.
- Before the game, the Huskies announced that freshman guard Amanda Johnson underwent microfracture surgery on her knee over the weekend, ending her season.