The Huskies, ranked 42nd nationally, won the first doubles match of the day with freshman Michael Chamerski and junior Emmett Egger taking a 6-3 victory over Alejandro Espejo and Japie De Klerk. But the Dawgs’ lost the next two in tightly contested matches with Viktor Farkas and Max Manthou falling 6-3 and Daffra Sanon and Wendell Watanabe dropping a 6-5 decision to Matthew Kirby and Daniel Santos.
Two Husky newcomers won their singles matches in Daffra Sanon who outlasted Juan Varvajal, 6-2, 4-6, 6-1, and Chamerski who picked up a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Dylan McCloskey but it wasn’t enough as Tulsa claimed three victories giving them the 4-2 win.
The Huskies return home next as they will face San Francisco on Friday, Feb. 7 at 5 p.m. at the Nordstrom Tennis Center in Seattle.
UW at Tulsa Results
1. Clifford Marsland/Dylan McCloskey (TLS) d. Viktor Farkas/Max Manthou (UW) 6-4
2. Michael Chamerski/Emmett Egger (UW) d. Alejandro Espejo/Japie De Klerk (TLS) 6-3
3. Matthew Kirby/Daniel Santos (TLS) d. Daffra Sanon/Wendell Watanabe (UW) 6-5
Order of finish: 2, 1, 3
1. Japie De Klerk (TLS) vs. Max Manthou (UW) 6-3, 3-5 unfinished
2. Clifford Marsland (TLS) d. Gal Hakah (UW) 6-1, 6-3
3. #71 Carlos Bautista (TLS) d. Emmett Egger (UW) 6-3, 6-4
4. Alejandro Espejo (TLS) d. Viktor Farkas (UW) 6-3, 6-1
5. Daffra Sanon (UW) d. Juan Carvajal (TLS) 6-2, 4-6, 6-1
6. Michael Chamerski (UW) d. Dylan McCloskey (TLS) 6-3, 6-4
Order of finish: 2, 4, 3, 6, 5