Feb. 17, 2013
SEATTLE -- No. 24 Washington fell to No. 8 Oklahoma in the consolation bracket of ITA Team Indoors on Saturday night at the Nordstrom Tennis Center. The Sooners hung on to defeat the Dawgs, 4-2.
The Huskies began by dropping the doubles point after taking it to the third match. Oklahoma won the first match with Costin Paval and Dane Webb defeating Emmett Egger and Kyle McMorrow, 8-2. Washington then evened things up as Marton Bots and Max Manthou defeated Axel Alvarez Llamas and Guillermo Alcorta, 8-5.
In singles, Washington won the first point as Manthou defeated Llamas. Manthou led 6-3, 3-0 when the Sooner player retired and the Husky junior earned Washington its first point.
Oklahoma pushed its lead to 3-1 when Webb defeated Egger, 6-4, 6-1. The Dawgs would respond, however, as Farkas defeated Stakovosky, 6-3, 6-4.
Washington would get no closer as Oklahoma finished the match at No. 1 singles with Paval defeating McMorrow, 6-4, 6-4.
Next up for Washington will be 11th-ranked Florida in the final consolation match. The Dawgs and Gators are scheduled to begin their match at 5:30 on Sunday back at the Nordstrom tennis Center.
Washington Men's Tennis
February 16, 2013 - Seattle, Wash.
Nordstrom Tennis Center
No. 8 Oklahoma 4, No. 24 Washington 2
1. Paval/Webb def. Egger/McMorrow, 8-2.
2. Bots/Manthou def. Alvarez Llamas/Alcorta, 8-5.
3. Stakovosky/Siributwong def. Farkas/Hawke, 8-5.
Order of Finish: 1,2,3
1. Costin Paval def. Kyle McMorrow, 6-4, 6-4.
2. Guillermo Alcorta def. Marton Bots, 6-4, 6-4.
3. Dane Webb def. Emmett Egger, 6-4, 6-1.
4. Max Manthou def. Axel Alvarez Llamas, 6-3, 3-0 (ret.).
5. Viktor Farkas def. Leonard Stakovosky, 6-3, 6-4.
6. Peerakit Siributwong led Jeff Hawke, 6-3, 2-6, 2-1 (unfinished).
Order of Finish: 4,3,5,1,2